OUTPATIENT THERAPY FOR BIPOLAR DISORDER
Outpatient therapy may be needed for individuals suffering from bipolar disorder with symptoms that heavily interfere with daily activities such as work, school and relationships. At Best Day Psychiatry and Counseling, formerly known as Fayetteville Psychiatric Associates, our patients work individually with a mental health care provider to address their own unique needs.
Over the course of outpatient treatment for bipolar disorder, the patient will receive the following:
- Comprehensive evaluation and initial assessment
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and other forms of therapy
- Medication management (as needed)
- Education surrounding bipolar disorder
- Psychological testing (as needed)
- Follow-up care (as needed)
Evaluations typically involve an office visit, lasting about an hour. With three different locations located in Raleigh, Fayetteville and Fuquay-Varina, patients may choose which location works best for them. During the assessment, patients will complete a few brief forms, discuss their symptoms, talk through their goals for treatment with their provider and review treatment options for their specific needs.